Return & transfer policy
Please read our withdrawal and transfer policy carefully. You will find a link to our withdrawal and transfer form at the bottom of this text.
Transfers – Rules and Regulations
1. The transfer option is available for IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 events in Europe, Middle East and Africa only.
2. There is a 39 EUR (or 31 GBP or 47 CHF) transfer fee + 6% Active Fee.
3. The event transferred into must be in the same calendar year as the original event.
4. If an athlete is transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, the athlete will not be refunded the difference.
5. If an athlete is transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, the athlete will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
6. Entry into sold out events is not available.
7. Entry into events that only have foundation and/or charity as well as travel entries open is not available.
8. Athletes must transfer out of a race two months prior to race day (the race the athletes initially registered for). Please click here for our deadlines >>
9. Athletes may transfer into eligible races as long as registration is open, unless points 7 or 13 apply.
10. If additional purchases (e.g. one day licence or FinisherPix) have been purchased along with the original race entry, it cannot be transferred to the new race. Additional purchases will be refunded and will need to be repurchased by the athlete.
11. Transfers are applicable to individual race entries only – entries purchased or provided through sponsors, charities and free entries cannot be transferred.
12. Relay entries are not eligible to transfer.
13. Races to be transferred into must have been open to the general public for at least ten days.
14. Once a transfer or refund has been redeemed, the option to transfer again is not available. You may only transfer once.
15. If an athlete qualifies for the IRONMAN World Championship or the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship, an existing IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 entry will not transfer to either of these events.
16. If athletes choose to transfer, they forfeit their eligibility for a refund.
To complete a transfer to another race, please use the following steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the transfer form.
- Step 2: Wait for further instructions from the transfer department. You will receive an email.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions in the email to complete your transfer.
- Step 4: You will receive a confirmation email once your transfer is complete.
Q: What if the event I want to transfer into sells out before I receive my registration link?
A: Once you have completed the transfer request your race entry is secured.
Q: What communication should I expect after I request a transfer?
A: You will receive a cancellation email for the event you are transferring out of, an email containing your registration link for the transferred event and a confirmation of the completed transfer after the registration link is emailed to you.
Q: What if I transfer into another event and I am unable to compete, am I eligible for an additional transfer?
A: Once a transfer request has been redeemed, athletes are not eligible to transfer again.
Q: Is it possible to transfer to another race outside of Europe?
A: Our race transfer option is an offer from IRONMAN Europe, Middle East and Africa. It is NOT possible to transfer to races which are outside of this region.
Q: Can I transfer to the same event next year?
A: It is not possible to transfer to the same event next year. You can only transfer to events within the same year.
Q: Can I a transfer my slot to another athlete?
A: No it is not possible to transfer your slot to another athlete.
Q: I have registered for the IRONMAN 70.3 Zell am See-Kaprun 2015. After that I qualified for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships in Zell am See-Kaprun, Austria. Can I transfer my entry from the age grouper race to the World Championship race?
Withdrawals – Rules and Regulations
Withdrawal requests must be received during the following time frames in order to be eligible for a partial refund:
- until 4 months prior to race day: 50% refund of the entry fee
- until 2 months prior to race day: 25% refund of the entry fee
- after 2 months to race day: no refund
Please note that all additional items purchased during registration will be refunded at 100% up until two months prior to the race except where they have already been sent to the athlete.
Refunds will be transferred to the Credit Card you used during registration unless it is explicitly stated in the withdrawal request that you want a bank transfer. When transferring to a bank account the account holder and the athlete withdrawing must be the same person. If we refund to a bank account transfer time can be up to 6 weeks.
Q: Can I get a full refund if I provide a medical certificate?
A: No. We will not make any exceptions for athletes that can provide a medical certificate.
Q: I have booked my slot through Nirvana Europe and therefore have a Race Cancellation Insurance. How do I proceed to claim back my money?
A: Please fill out the withdrawal form and state that you have booked your accommodation through NIRVANA Europe.
If you have any questions, concerning transferring or withdrawing your entry, please contact:
IRONMAN Europe Athlete Services